Jenny’s surfing and coaching accomplishments include:
- Professional Surfer (1993 – 2005)
- Junior World Champion (1995)
- Billabong Pro Junior Series Champion Australasia (1996)
- Australian Championship Circuit Champion (1996)
- World Qualifying Series – Virginia Beach Event Champion (2000)
- World Qualifying Series – Costa Rica Event Champion (2002)
- Australian Open Women’s Champion (2008)
- Australian 28’s Women’s Champion (2007, 2008)
- Surfing Australia High Performance Centre Coach (2006 – 2009)
- Billabong women’s team surfing coach and fitness trainer (2006 – 2008)
- Team Australia coach at the International Surfing Association World Junior Surfing Championships – Ecuador (2009)
- Touring Coach for World Championship Tour Surfer Paige Hareb (2009-2011)
- Surfing Australia Elite Coach Development Program (2016)
- JB Surf Coaching and Personal Training – Owner (2004 – current)
Jenny has made a successful transition from surfing professional to being regarded as one of the best high performance surfing coaches in Australia. Jenny has extensive surf coaching and fitness training experience and works with all levels, from local juniors, weekend enthusiasts, through to the elite of the women’s professional surfing tour.
Jenny has travelled extensively both as a professional and recreational surfer to locations the like of Tahiti, South America, Costa Rica, California, Fiji and Hawaii to name just a few. Jenny shares her knowledge and love for surfing, adventure, food and self-indulgence with every Surf Getaways client.
Jenny still thrives on her love for coaching and seeing the improvement and achievement of all of her clients. The results that others attain through Jenny’s coaching guidance are a reflection of the care and personal interest shown to every individual.
Serena still resides in Byron Bay over 20 years later with Matt and their two children, Mahia and Jet, and continues with her passion of coaching at Lets Go Surfing Byron Bay. Serena maintains the same enthusiasm and enjoyment from nurturing the skills of others as when she first started coaching.
As a Surfing Australia accredited Master Coach, Serena has not only trained a generation of surf-instructors, but has shared her knowledge and experience with tens of thousands of women, men and grommets of all surfing abilities, and from all corners of the globe. The energy and vitality that Serena brings to everything that she does becomes a powerful motivator and translates into pure enjoyment for all of her clients.
Serena’s surfing and coaching accomplishments include:
- Surfing Australia Master Coach since 2005
- Surfing Byron Bay Pty Ltd – owner and operator (1997 to 2014)
- Lets Go Surfing Byron Bay surf school – Part owner and operator (2014 – 2017)
- Tourism award winner 2015 and 2016 for Lets Go Surfing Byron Bay
Surf Getaways in the media:
- Coastalwatch Surf Travel, September 4, 2017 – A new type of surf experience… After a solid two-hour session with two leaders in women’s surf coaching, you return to a five-star lunch and a video analysis of your mornings’ session. The afternoon loaded up with a massage, spa and a hike up to the Cape Byron lighthouse.
- The Mermaid Society, September 6, 2017 – No more excuses: a surf getaway just for girls. It’s a fully packaged girls surf getaway that includes access to the most thorough and effective surf coaching and analysis for any level of surfer from beginner to pro. It also includes all accommodation and meals in pure luxury, yoga, massage.
- Surf Stoked Mums, September 4, 2017 – By popular demand, Surf Stoked Moms is bringing you the scoop on the best all-girl and family friendly surf trips around the globe.
- KarryOn Travel, March 21, 2017 – Remember those awesome trips away with your besties? Ah! Then life got busy right? Here’s Surf Getaways 4 reasons why all-girl surf trips are the perfect way to re-connect with the important women in your life.
- ESCAPE in the Sunday Herald Sun, Louise Southerden, April 21, 2017 – Thanks for the write up about “8 of the best beaches in Sydney and New South Wales and mentioning Surf Getaways and Byron: ‘the most girl-friendly surfbeach’ Escape.com.au ! We love having so many women in the line-up here, cheering each other onto waves.
- The Inertia, May 27, 2017 – Thanks for sharing The Inertia – the story of our amazing two surf coaches Jenny & Serena.
Read about how they got to where they are today and why they are indeed legends, and ‘Two of Australia’s Most Influential Surf Coaches’.
- KarryOn Travel, May 31, 2017 – We’re probably a bit biased, but we think the Byron Bay Shire has everything a surfer’s heart desires. Still not convinced “Read on for Byron Bay based, Surf Getaways top 5 tips what to do when on a surf trip in Byron Bay and why they think you’ll love exploring their Byron home.”