Christmas is here, and even though we’ve all decided not to leave the Christmas shopping too late, here we are… with 2 days to go…
A woman who surfs really only wants one thing for Christmas: waves! Since that is, unfortunately, one of the few things money can’t buy (unless you could build her a wave pool), here’s a list of gift ideas that will make a surfing woman’s merry Christmas!
And even though you’re in a rush, try shop with a conscience: Buy local & sustainable gifts this Christmas and think before you buy about how the product you buy impacts the environment, how durable it is, who benefits from you buying it, and is it something they will actually enjoy! Because no matter how green and clean, useless gifts are still, well, useless!
Last minute gifting tip: buy a gift voucher, or purchase something online and print an image of the gift with a hand written note ‘Your gift is on it’s way’! Believe me, it better to wait than to get a new plastic pool toy from K-Mart…
- A new wetsuit, surf leggings, onesie or bikini – you can never have enough surf outfits to be prepared for all conditions! Especially ones that are made to stay on in the surf. Our personal favourite Byron local women’s surf brands are: Atmosea, Salt Gypsy and Lore of the Sea.
- Gift voucher for her favourite surfshop – Seabones Byron Bay has all things a surfer’s women heart desires.
- Nice beach towel or sarong.
- Voucher towards a new custom board from your favourite shaper.
- A new surf board leash – like the ones from Smart Leash Co that are repairable and supply reusable parts to fix your broken leash!
- A surfboard maintenance pack with wax – like Treehugger all natural surf wax, resin to diy small dings and a wax comb (choose bamboo over plastic for the more environmentally friendly option!).
- Quality natural skin-coloured Zinc or foundation with zinc and high SPF – such as by Surf Mud.
- Good sunscreen from a good skin care brand that is waterproof – like We Are Feel Good Sunscreen.
- Face wipes (to get rid of the zinc after the surf!).
- Leave in hair conditioner.
- A surf coaching session with a local surf coach.
- Deep tissue massage – like at the Byron at Byron Resort and Spa – where we host our Byron Ladies Surf Getaways.
- A framed image of your favourite local break by a local photographer or a 2018 calendar – like by our local legend Craig Parry Photography.
- Surf mag subscription – like women’s surf mag Curl.
And the best gift ever is of course: a SURFTRIP with Surf Getaways!!!
Check out our upcoming Ladies Surf Getaways to Fiji
or Byron Bay
Our Ladies Surfing Getaways are designed for individuals or groups of like-minded ladies who are looking for that perfect surfing escape.
or get in touch to help you plan your Custom Getaway, available to any small group or family.
We have teamed up with Byron Bay’s most respected and experienced tour and activity providers to enable you to explore and experience as much as you would like at the pace of your choosing. Surf Getaways can tailor make the ultimate Byron Bay holiday with any combination of activities to satisfy every traveller.
Whether you have little or no surfing experience, or you are a seasoned enthusiast, our personalised coaching programs, led by Jenny Boggis and Serena Adams, will significantly improve your surfing and your confidence in the water. Perfectly combining the finest accommodation with the ideal dose of surfing stoke and indulgent pleasures, our Ladies Surf Getaways will guarantee you the ultimate holiday memories to last a lifetime!