Whether you have never surfed before but have decided its time to try, or you have surfed years before and would like to give it another go, or you have been surfing regularly and want to push yourself to the next level, we have something for you.
Upcoming Surf Getaway dates:
Upcoming Surf Getaway dates:
Introduction to surfing and the ocean
- Have never surfed before but keen to learn about surfing and the ocean.
- Want to learn, average to good fitness level, like to try something new.
- Confident swimmer.
- Improved confidence.
- Learn the basics of 'how to surf’: board paddling, negotiate breaking waves, how to manage your self in the ocean.
- Understanding of what ’surf fitness’ is and how to integrate it into your lifestyle.
- Tips and proven techniques to add to your own strengths in the ocean.
- You will make a great group of friends with a shared passion of the ocean and surfing.
Introduction to surfing destinations:
Wow, what a fantastic week I had, I had a blast! Taught to surf (and yes I did manage to stand up...on the 1st day) by our very talented coaches Jenny & Serena. These 2 ladies are absolutely amazing! Over the week we received so much support and encouragement, even when we doubted ourselves, they never did and encouraged us further to get to our best in the time we had. It was no easy feat with me as I'd never been on a surfboard before in my life. I had so much fun, even all the wipe outs! You have both got me hooked and I'm sure you'll see me again. We were very spoilt staying at The Byron at Byron, with our daily yoga, spa treatments and scrumptious meals, it was a real treat. (Andi, Byron '17)
- Have surfed for over a year or have completed a ‘learn to surf’ class in the last 12 months.
- Average to good fitness, usually active and keen to improve surfing skills.
- Confident swimmer.
- Improved understanding of paddling techniques required to catch waves.
- Direction and coaching on developing a wave riding stance for building power and stability.
- Improved confidence on a surfboard in waves.
- Reminders and tips for paddling through breaks, channels and reefs.
- Tips and coaching on your own surfing progression adding to your individual strengths on a board and in the water.
- Increased love of surfing and new friendships with surfing at their core.
Womens surf Getaway Fiji: Thanks Jenny and Serena for making my trip so do-able. There was a little apprehension ans nervousness about my ability to surf reef breaks. You put my mind at ease and I was able to catch some great waves. The waves were within my ability and I could also chose to challenge myself with alot of encouragement form you both. I worked on my basic skills, paddling, positioning etc. There isn't anything to fault!! The resort was lovely, food delicious, the support and friendship of the other women and the staff were excellent. The boys who took us out to the breaks were delightful and the Kava ceremony was a highlight. Thank you for making my trip safe, fun and memorable. (Deb, Fiji '17)
- Can ride unbroken waves.
- Confidently takes drops down the face of a wave,
- Experienced swimmer and ocean goer.
- Proficient ‘duck diver’ or ‘turtle roll’ or able to navigate oncoming waves.
- Confident on a surf board and efficient at paddling in most conditions.
- Basic understanding of ‘surf etiquette’.
1:1 guidance for improvement of individual skills.
Introduction to technical elements of surfing and how they relate to improving your individual capability.
Tips and coaching advice using proven techniques that will continue in to your post trip surfing.
New friendships and increased passion for surfing.
- Confident in head high waves,
- Able to perform advanced manouevres, like cutbacks and floaters.
- Comfortable in chall
enging conditions, confident on reef and shore breaks.
- Strong swimmer and capable on surfboard in most conditions.
Guidance for improvement of individual skills at an advanced level, using ‘high performance’ coaching techniques.
- Refresher on technical elements of surfing for each individual's surfing style.
- Where technical elements of surfing can improve surfing ability.
- Increased confidence to push yourself harder to achieve next level capability.
- Opportunity to visit ‘bucket list’ surfing destinations in a friendly female focused environment.
- Luxury accommodation with fully catered facilities, so you can focus on your surfing.
- New friends to share advanced surfing opportunities with.
- All of this led by one of Australia’s top female surf coaches.
Memories to last a lifetime - I went on the trip to Fiji with 2 of my closest surf buddies. We had such a magical time together. All of the women on the group were so amazing - we all got on so well and had a great time encouraging each other in the surf! Serena and Jenny are amazing coaches - so fun, down to Earth, supportive and knowledgeable. I felt so confident - even at Frigates where the waves were more challenging. The waves were a great mix for all surfing abilities, and the group was split up according to skill level so we all felt comfortable with the wave selection. The resort was superb, the locals were so beautiful and helpful. If you are considering booking, get in there before you miss out! (Ange, Fiji '18)